Fwd: octave windows 2.9.12-3 Question

From: c.
Subject: Fwd: octave windows 2.9.12-3 Question
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:33:18 +0200

Sorry, I forgot to CC the list when I replied.
Carlo

Begin forwarded message:

From: Carlo de Falco <address@hidden>
Date: 27 giugno 2007 12:52:55 GMT+02:00
To: David Bateman <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: octave windows 2.9.12-3 Question

On 27/giu/07, at 10:18, David Bateman wrote:

Sorry I wasn't clear.. I just added a patch for the "which" problem..
However, even with that fixed I suspect you haven't installed gmsh or
opendx, and so the functionality of secs2d will be incompletely. Secs2d
really needs gmsh for the meshing, but opendx is optional for the
visualization. Opendx needs an open-gl compatible X-server and so that
will also bean issue with the MSVC build.. Perhaps you could install the
gmsh binary (see http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/) but leave out the opendx
binary from the next MSVC build..

To be more precise, SECS2D can be used even without gmsh as it includes some simple built-in
mesh generation functions, so I would say that both debendencies on opendx and gmsh are just optional.
Maybe I should change the message produced when the packages are not found.
Carlo