Re: octave windows 2.9.12-3 Question

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: octave windows 2.9.12-3 Question
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:32:07 +0200

On 6/27/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> As far as the fix wasn't available when I made the package, then 'no',
> it's not
> part of the package.

Sorry I wasn't clear.. I just added a patch for the "which" problem..
However, even with that fixed I suspect you haven't installed gmsh or
opendx, and so the functionality of secs2d will be incompletely. Secs2d
really needs gmsh for the meshing, but opendx is optional for the
visualization. Opendx needs an open-gl compatible X-server and so that
will also bean issue with the MSVC build.. Perhaps you could install the
gmsh binary (see http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/) but leave out the opendx
binary from the next MSVC build..

Indeed, those tools are not part of the distribution. Including gmsh is easy as
there's a pre-compiled binary for windows. I won't include (or even try) OpenDX,
because of its dependency on a X-server. I have no idea whether this would
be complicated, but maybe the author should think about using regular octave
plotting capabilities, instead of relying on an external tool (jhandles already
provides quite some good 3d visualization features).

Michael.