Re: octave windows 2.9.12-3 Question

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: octave windows 2.9.12-3 Question
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:18:08 +0200

Michael Goffioul wrote:
> On 6/27/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Ok, this is a bug in the secs2d package, in that it assumes that "which"
>> is available. I checked in a fix for this bug, but I suspect that
>> Michael didn't include them.
>
> As far as the fix wasn't available when I made the package, then 'no',
> it's not
> part of the package.

Sorry I wasn't clear.. I just added a patch for the "which" problem..
However, even with that fixed I suspect you haven't installed gmsh or
opendx, and so the functionality of secs2d will be incompletely. Secs2d
really needs gmsh for the meshing, but opendx is optional for the
visualization. Opendx needs an open-gl compatible X-server and so that
will also bean issue with the MSVC build.. Perhaps you could install the
gmsh binary (see http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/) but leave out the opendx
binary from the next MSVC build..

>> > 2. x=chirp([0:0.001:2],0,2,500);
>> > specgram(x,128,1000,100,80)
>> > This command is not giving me the full spectrum. The spectrum by
>> default is
>> > in gray. Is there a way to change it to RGB.
>> >

>> This seems to be working correctly. I took the example
>>
>> t = 0:0.001:2;              % 2 secs @ 1kHz sample rate
>> y = chirp(t,0,1,150);       % Start @ DC, cross 150Hz at t=1 sec
>> specgram(y,256,1e3,256,250)
>
> I guess it depends on the active backend. This works OK in jhandles, but
> not in gnuplot (which uses grayscale by default).
I was answering the bit about not giving the full spectrum, rather than
its colour. As specgram was calling imagesc without passing the axes, it
was in fact just giving the pixel indices in the X and Y axes. The image
itself was the full spectogram. I applied a patch to octave-forge to fix
this as well..

Cheers
David

[x] General Business Information