Re: print question

From: Daniel Oberhoff
Subject: Re: print question
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:00:03 +0200

Am 26.06.2007 um 16:53 schrieb John W. Eaton:

On 26-Jun-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| Not that 'print' supports pdf, but shouldn't that have been '-dpdf'?

Yes.

Now I see that it is defaulting to a terminal type of epsc plus a
conversion program (convert, from ImageMagick), which apparently uses
ghostscript to generate the pdf file.

I think it would be better to use gnuplot's pdf file generator.

I'd consider a patch.

jwe

Ok, that explains it. While we are patching print.m: let's also put in svg support. It's inkscape favourite format, and seems generally more adopted in the opensource world. Also it seems rather easy, for my example it worked just adding this:

  elseif (strcmp (dev, "svg"))

    new_terminal = dev;

into the large switch in print.m and add svg to the devices list in the same file:

  dev_list = {"aifm" "corel" "fig" "png" "pbm" "dxf" "mf" "hpgl", ...
              "ps" "ps2" "psc" "psc2" "eps" "eps2" "epsc" "epsc2" "emf","svg"};

Cheers

Daniel