Re: fig file

From: Eduardo Adam
Subject: Re: fig file
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:52:56 -0300

Dear Ramanarayan Hariharaputran

Here you have my funtion for saving figures with emf format which work very
well in my octave version 2.1.73 with kubuntu.

function emf_fig(file,mag);
%         emf_fig("filename"):
%                sends a copy of the current plot to a OpenOffice Draw file
%                OpenOffice Draw is drawing tool developed by OpenOffice
%                 (www.openoffice.org).
%

% Eduardo J. Adam, INTEC-UNL, mail: address@hidden
% Based on Mario Storti's original file.

%
%
%  1. Write in the workspace  emf_fig('fig1')
%     where "fig1" is the file name of the figure
%  2. enter.
%
%  and that's it!
%
%

disp(["sending to file " file ".emf"])
__gnuplot_raw__("set term emf color;");
if nargin==2
  __gnuplot_raw__(["set size " num2str(mag) "," num2str(mag) ";"]);
endif
__gnuplot_raw__(["set output \"" file ".emf\";"]);
replot
__gnuplot_raw__("set output;");
__gnuplot_raw__(["set term X;"]);
__gnuplot_raw__(["set size 1,1;"]);

With a small changes you can save with xfig format.

Eduardo.