System file-descriptors of pipe file-ids?

From: Olaf Till
Subject: System file-descriptors of pipe file-ids?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:29:13 +0200

Hi,

I want to make a select() call on pipes created with Octaves
interpreted pipe() function. So I need the systems file-descriptors of
these pipes.

As I had to learn it seems to be difficult to get file-descriptors of
c++ streams.

But pipes probably have been created with a system call, so their
file-descriptors must get available somewhere inside Octave, before
they are used to create the streams for the pipe.

Are the pipes file-descriptors recorded and is their a way to access
them, given the stream-ids returned by the interpreted pipe() command?

Olaf