RE: strange failure in javaaddpath

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: RE: strange failure in javaaddpath
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:20:40 +0200

octave:2> function test;java_invoke ("org.octave.ClassHelper",
"addClassPath", "/");end;test

gives

error: called from `test'

??? what is different inside the function that can make java_invoke
fail so mystically?

Unfortunately, I don't jave any idea. This does not happen for me under
Windows. Normally, there should be no difference, but the error report
is not very explicit. Could you try to debug it and see where the error
comes from?

Does java works generally for you? For instance:

javaclasspath

l = java_new('java.util.LinkedList')
l.add("my string")

f = java_new('java.awt.Frame');