Output to the graphics screen with the text command in Octave ....

From: Jan M. Hollis
Subject: Output to the graphics screen with the text command in Octave ....
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 04:58:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I find that to output to the graphics screen in Octave with the text
command, I first have to use plot and plot something (see partial code
below).  But then the screen has axes and axes labels on it.  The best
I can do is use axis('off') to get rid of the labels, but then the
screen is still left with the axes box.  Moreover, if I don't follow
the text commands up with a final title command, none of the text
commands print out.  Is there any way to get rid of the box?  Is there
a better way to do this?

--------------------------------
plot([ 0 1 ], [0 1 ], 'k.')
axis('off')
hold
.
.
.
text(-0.10, 0.85, 'Molecule Characteristics')  % etc
.
.

title(['Abundance Program '])

Thanks for any help,