Re: help in updating the version

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: help in updating the version
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:00:51 +0200

Hi,
I think the reason you didn't get a response the last time is because it is a hard question. I'm guessing that you are using the most recent version that Mandriva has? You might want to check if mandriva has an octave2.9 package (debian has that). If not, then you have to compile a newer version yourself.

Søren

lokesh rajendran skrev:
dear all,
i want to upgrade the version of octave that i use.
i use mandriva 2007 linux os.
my octave version is 2.1.73
"GNU Octave, version 2.1.73 (i586-mandriva-linux-gnu).
Copyright (C) 2006 John W. Eaton".
thanking you,
lokesh rajendran.
note:when i posted this question previous time i didnt get proper response.