RFS: QtOctave -- A Qt front-end to Octave

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: RFS: QtOctave -- A Qt front-end to Octave
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:38:10 -0500

(Note to octave-help list subscribers who may be interested: I
attempted to stick to Debian policy after all, which is why I'm
attempting to add this to Debian's repositories. The dotdeb works in
Debian's current testing, and should be easily built for other
distributions. Note that Qt4 is required to build and run the
package.)

Hello, Debian mentors.

This is my first attempt to upload a Debian package and the first
package I've ever built believing to be adhering to Debian policy. I
don't even know what the exact etiqutte for RFSing or where all those
people are getting the RFS template or how exactly I should upload
things.

The Debianised source tarball is found here:

    http://www.cimat.mx/~jordi/debian/qtoctave_0.5.1-1.debian.tar.gz

The dotdeb I built in Lenny (but which *should* build in unstable
unless libqt4-dev is more heavily patched than I think) is found here:

    http://www.cimat.mx/~jordi/debian/qtoctave_0.5.1-1_i386.deb

It is mostly Lintian-clean, save for #428403 and a missing manpage for
widgetserver whose purpose I have not yet discerned.

Cheers,
- Jordi G. H.