Octave-2.1.50 & Octave-2.9.x

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Octave-2.1.50 & Octave-2.9.x
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:49:28 -0500

Hello there,

I have a bundle of code in Octave which use Bessel functions heavily.
I wanted to run it on a Linux cluster to speed up the Bessel function
computation.

But the problem becomes Octave-2.1.50 on the Linux Cluster running
kernel 2.4.x gives slightly different / inaccurate results. I wonder where
this difference comes from. Any suggestions here?

Also I want to know if there is any 'fast' way to compute the Bessel functions
with arguments close to zero. It seems my program spends > 90% time
doing the Bessel functions.

I am looking to write a multi-threaded C program to compute the part involving
 Bessel functions in parallel. Should I be using MPI? Help me.

Thanks,
Muthu