Re: Axes object in Octave 2.9.12 and other plotting questions

From: David Grohmann
Subject: Re: Axes object in Octave 2.9.12 and other plotting questions
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:40:15 -0500

Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:
On 14/06/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

  Note for everyone: this patch also shows how it is relatively easy
  to handle new properties.  Interested parties should not wait for me
  or other active Octave maintainers to implement all the properties.
  We will probably only add those that we care about.  If you would
  like to help out, then please submit some patches.  It is probably
  best to submit patches that add just one property at a time, or at
  most a few related properties.

Question, though. I don't really even know what Matlab's handle
graphics thingamajig is.

Er... so... if I would like to implement more graphical abilities in
Octave so that Matlab users feel more at home with Octave's plotting,
what should I begin reading?

- Jordi G. H.

Here is all of the relevant graphics/plotting/handles/gui stuff documentation and examples that I found on their site:

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/infotool/hgprop/doc_frame.html

http://www.mathworks.com/support/product/examples.html?product=ML&type=Example&category=1-15ERX&topic=Building%20GUIs&productcategory=1-1478S&parentcategory=1-15ERX

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/creating_plots/exampleindex.html&http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/demo_example.html

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/creating_guis/exampleindex.html&http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/demo_example.html