Re: Odd plot behavior in functions in Octave 2.9.12

From: Joshua Redstone
Subject: Re: Odd plot behavior in functions in Octave 2.9.12
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:35:21 -0700

Hi John,
Thanks for giving it a shot.
Did you include the '1;' at the beginning of the script?
If you did, I have no other idea what would make a 'not ijmplemented' error
show up for me and not for you.
Is there a way I can get octave to give me a backtrace of what it was trying to do that generated the error?
Thanks,
Josh

On 6/13/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On  6-Jun-2007, Joshua Redstone wrote:

| Hi,
| I'm running Octave 2.9.12 on an Ubuntu box.
| The follow Octave script:
|
| 1;
| function [] = dummy()
|   x = 0 : 0.1 : 1;
|   plot(x, x);
| endfunction
|
| dummy();
| print("-Pjimmy");
| pause;
|
| Displays a plot, but errors in the print command with:
|
| error: octave_char_matrix_str::valid_as_scalar_index(): not implemented
| error: near line 8 of file `/tmp/test.m'

I can't reproduce this problem.

jwe