Re: Octave & Emacs in Windows

From: Fergus Ray Murray
Subject: Re: Octave & Emacs in Windows
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:08:26 +0100

Thanks folks. Sc1 is just an alternative/old name for SciTE, right?
There doesn't seem to be any reference to it by that name on the
Scintilla page any more.

With some hacking and slashing I've got SciTE behaving reasonably well
with Octave/Matlab files (a surprisingly awkward process, Someone
Should Look Into That - maybe I'll write a tutorial once I get it
working properly, or something). I'd love to be able to use one of
those Compile/Build/Go functions to do whatever it is Octave does with
files, though, and I'm stuck for a way how. There must be some command
I could use in a form something like octave Logistic.m ...right? Is
that actually the form that should work? I'm getting 'The NTVDM has
encountered an illegal instruction', somewhat puzzlingly - maybe I
just need to re-install Octave?

Cheers!

- f.
www.oolong.co.uk