Question about fmins!

From: rambovn
Subject: Question about fmins!
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 01:33:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I am newbie in octave so I have many questions :)
Now I am want to find the minimum of a function of several variables.
I am trying with fmins but the results are not like I expected :,(
I want to limit the result for example: My function have x , y as variables,
and I want that x value is in the range from 0 to 1, and y is positive. How
can I do that with fmins? Or is there any other function in octave that can
do it for me?
Thank you very much for any help.
Regards
Anh