Re: I could not build octave 2.9.12 on cygwin.

From: malik martin
Subject: Re: I could not build octave 2.9.12 on cygwin.
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 23:48:02 -0400

thanks for the advice. i'm trying to get a new linux distro now. i was
trying to install octave on cygwin. i'll tell you what i end up using
later :)

On 6/3/07, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
Dea malik martin
I've forgotten to ask you what version gcc you use.
The gcc-3.3.3-3 is safetey complier for general use on cygwin.
Many problem may happhen on the default setting complier gcc 3.4.4-3.
If you use it, please downgrade the compiler from the cygwin install.
However, the speed built module is not sufficient from the problem
sjlj exception issue.  Liminig the Matrix calculation, the lapack
engine perhaps will do many thing, this slowness is not so important,
however the problem like ode solving, this slowness gives insuffcient
speed for every one.  For such case, the old 2.1.50 is very fast.