open socket with listen() and still have command line available?

From: Brian W.
Subject: open socket with listen() and still have command line available?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 08:05:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I have a question about the listen(port,...) function as described by 'help
listen' or at
http://octave.cvs.sourceforge.net/octave/octave-forge/main/miscellaneous/doc/listen.txt?view=markup
.

Is it possible to open a socket via listen(port) and still have the standard
input stream connected to the octave process?

I have tried all combinations of 'fork'|'nofork' and 'debug'|'nodebug', but
whenever I have called listen(port), any commands typed into the octave
command line are ignored (actually the prompt is missing, too).

Brian