Re: mfilename work around

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: mfilename work around
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 19:57:04 +0200

Am Dienstag, 22. Mai 2007 18:54 schrieb Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso:
> No, of course not. Ideologies aside, why would I use Octave's Windows
> binaries when Debian's packages work so well and run on a completely
> free operating system?

Because it's infinitely easier to hand out a few CDs with Cygwin and showing
in one session how to install it than hand-holding people through the
installation of Debian or any other distribution and answer a million
question afterwards. [1]

And I feel somewhat confident with Debian and Octave ;)

[1] No, we didn't do it for using Octave; but for using gcc, ddd and make.

        Thomas