Re: how do i install octave on puppy linux?

From: antonio palestrini
Subject: Re: how do i install octave on puppy linux?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:35:13 +0200

can someone please explain to me how i would install octave on puppy linux?

Call a Vet... Seriously, I have no idea what puppy linux is but couldn't
resist..

It's a linux mini-distro that you can install in a usb key I think.
I have no idea how to install octave (except compiling it with the help of a lot
of coffee). I can only suggest the alternative "Damn Small Linux". It
has the usb key installing feature and octave (stable) also. Note that
this distro is derived from Knoppix so you can enable apt-get (from
menu) and install packages (e.g. Octave testing) from the Debian
repositories!!!

Hope this help
Antonio

--