Re: Imagesc problem and general new octave user question

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: Imagesc problem and general new octave user question
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:23:37 -0700

regarding Ques 1)

I run 2.1.50a on WinXP and octave imaging generates the
same response.  Note: When you close octave, that tmp
folder is emptied.  Move/Save before.

The images I get are in .bmp format, but after octave makes
them they appear instantly with IE6 viewer.  I just close
that application and go to the folder and right click on
the .bmp file and select open with PAINT.  Really get in
there, make notes, and modify.  Or, use the built in
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer [whatever that is] and then
walk through the series of pictures, like animation or
slide show using the right arrow button.

Once in .bmp format, I don't use octave much for modifying
the image again.  Our other machines have Win98 running
with MS Office, which has a Kodak viewer that does great
general modifications - brightness, contrast, and gamma
adjustments which really enhance the viewing.  Also, use
that Kodak Viewer on dark .jpg images

Sorry to hear you have to use WinXP.

Robert