How to manually set an aspect ratio

From: Scott Barnden
Subject: How to manually set an aspect ratio
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 18:19:21 +0930

Hi,
I need to manually set a aspect ratio for a series of data that i am plotting. I'm using octave 2.9.9 (i686-redhat-linux-gnu) with Gnuplot 4.0. So far the command plot(DATA,"equal") is the best i have been able to do but its not enough for what I need. Gnuplot has the command: set size ratio X, where X is the ratio required but it seems the low level gset command no longer exists in this version despite being included in the replot section of the documentation. Is there any other way to manually define an aspect ratio for plotting/printing?

Thanks.