Re: Solaris

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Solaris
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 11:05:25 -0400

Javier Arantegui wrote:
Hello,

El Lunes, 7 de Mayo de 2007, asha g escribió:
Can Octave work on a Solaris OS? If so, where do I
find the instructions to download it? I checked the
download page but that does not mention Solaris.

I have no experience with Solaris at all. But it seems that here there is a package ready for Solaris 10:

http://www.sunfreeware.com/indexintel10.html

Javier

I recently built the 2.9.10 version on Solaris. I had trouble getting the external Sparse libraries to build, but Octave compiled and runs fine without the sparse matrix support (albeit slower than it could be when using sparse matrices).

John Swensen