print with subplot (multiplot)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: print with subplot (multiplot)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:56:37 -0400

On 26-Apr-2007, hanglo0ze wrote:

| I'm a new user of Octave and I would like to get a print out of 6 graphs
| on a single page using subplot.  However, when I tried to save the
| output, I get this error message:
|
| "You can't change the terminal in multiplot mode"
|
| I have done a quick search on google as well as octave's mailing list,
| but to no avail.  I was wondering if anyone has a solution to printing
| multiplot?

Yes, it works with Octave 2.9.10 using subplot and the print function,
same as it would in Matlab.

| I'm using gnuplot version 4.0 patchlevel 0 and octave version 2.1.73

For this version, I think you have to use some lower-level functions
and set the terminal type and output device first, then do the
plotting, then reset the output device and terminal type.  This method
won't work in 2.9.10.

This problem (printing subplots) was one of the motivations for the
big rewrite that improved compatibility of the plotting functions in
2.9.10.

jwe