Re: Repeated imagesc in one figure

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Repeated imagesc in one figure
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:20:34 -0500

Jill Guyonnet wrote:
Hi all,

I've got Octave 2.9.9 on a MacBook Pro (Intel) working with gnuplot and ImageMagick. I'd like to make cellular automata like I did on Matlab by performing a time loop and refresh the figure with an imagesc on each time step (so that the result will look kind of like a movie). But now, with each imagesc I call, Octave opens a new window, which is annoying for long loops. Any idea if this could be done ?
Regards

In 2.9.10, the imagesc function has been changed so it uses gnuplot (I think it requires gnuplot 4.2). I think it would have the intended effect you are looking for.

Quentin