Inserting Octave plots in OpenOffice

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: Inserting Octave plots in OpenOffice
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:05:08 -0700

Hi -

I am trying to insert some plots (generated in Octave using gnuplot) into an OpenOffice document. I have saved the plots as .eps files but when I try to insert them into OpenOffice I get the warning "Unknown Graphics Format."

Has anyone had success importing Octave-generated plots into OpenOffice? I realize that this question might be better suited for OpenOffice folks but I thought I would start here in the event that someone has come across this before. I also realize that using LaTeX for this might be much easier but I've been asked not to for this project (another story for another time). Thanks in advance.

-Ron