Re: forge functions not working and zoom

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: forge functions not working and zoom
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:03:36 +0200

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 10. April 2007 18:44 schrieb Mats Hedlund:
> I just upgraded to debian package of 2.9.10 (from 2.9.8) on my Ubuntu
> 6.10 machine.
> Somehow octave is not recognizing any octave-forge functions
> (2006.07.09+dfsg1-8), first noticed running an old script that uses
> textread. It can't find textread (and anything else). Does anyone
> recognize this and have any hints for a fix? Maybe a particular problem
> with the debian package not linking properly?

Software in unstable may break. That's the short answer.

Long answer: we put 2.9.10 into unstable without testing with the older
octave-forge release. Older octave-forge packages don't play too well with
the current Octave 2.9.10, so we must move to the new octave-forge packages
system now. This will take some time (and maybe a few patches to pkg.m, but
I'm not sure about that yet).

        Thomas