Re: Octave 2.9.10 on my Mac

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: Octave 2.9.10 on my Mac
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:07:31 -0500

Matthias,

You are missing the gettext package.

On Apr 6, 2007, at 8:14 AM, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

Dear all,

first of all I'd like to say a BIG THANK YOU for the latest Octave. I
love the Matlab-like plotting stuff!

I've built 2.9.10 on my Mac (a PowerBook G4 / PPC) following the
or less). One problem I've encountered is that the help function does
not work well. For example:

octave:9> help legend
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib
   Referenced from: /usr/local//bin/makeinfo
   Reason: image not found
warning: help: Texinfo formatting filter exited abnormally
warning: help: raw Texinfo source of help text follows...
warning: help:

-*- texinfo -*-
@deftypefn {Function File} {} legend (@var{st1}, @var{st2}, @dots{})
@deftypefnx {Function File} {} legend (@var{st1}, @var{st2}, @dots{},
@var{pos})
@deftypefnx {Function File} {} legend (@var{matstr})

What's that missing library stuff? How can I fix that?

Matthias

Marius

--

Marius Schamschula