Re: gnuplot zoom not functioning anymore in octave 2.9.10

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: gnuplot zoom not functioning anymore in octave 2.9.10
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:09:30 -0400

On  4-Apr-2007, Francesco Potorti` wrote:

| This is quite a serious problem,

I think a more serious problem was that Octave's plotting functions
were not compatible with Matlab.

| meaning that most scripts around that
| involve plotting will show ugly or unreadable plots.  I fear that
| keeping around the old plot.m from 2.9.9 will be a must.  Would that be
| enough, though?

No, plot.m alone is not enough.  Also, I think the old plotting system
was broken in many ways, so it is really better to use the newer
functions.

Precisely what feature of the old plot function are you missing that
seems essential?

jwe