Re: Convolve and Deconvolve not working right??

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: Convolve and Deconvolve not working right??
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:58:47 -0700

I didn't say that gt should have an area equal to 1.  It
should have an area equal to its area, and being an impulse
function [area==1] convolved with a 'spreading' function
will ALWAYS produce an area larger than 1.

I said that the 'magical' function that is used to convolve
with a smoothed function, removing the smoothing, should
have an area of 1.  Just a weird shape.

   Robert