affine arithmetic

From: Victor Hanby
Subject: affine arithmetic
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:03:10 +0000

I'm looking to try some modeling using self-validated algorithms to quantify uncertainty in the input data. It seems that affine arithmetic is a probably the best way to go. Has anyone come across any libraries for affine operations? I've only found the libaffa library for linux (C++) and the interval library for matlab, but the latter only handles interval arithmetic. I'd prefer to use Octave if possible, so I can just adapt existing models.

Vic Hanby