New User's on mkoctfile

From: G. Huang
Subject: New User's on mkoctfile
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 08:22:05 -0500

Hi, I just installed Octave along with Cygwin and X11 hand have a couple of questions.

1. When I tried mkoctfile, it says command not found, and a search of cygwin and octave directories didn't find mkoctfile. Is this a script file that needs to be downloaded separately and where can I get it?

2. From reading octave.pdf, I assume mkoctfile is the Octave equivalent of mex in Matlab, and one can modify mexFunction() to DEFUN_DLD (). If this is the case, is there another document that gives more info on what other interface handling functions are?

Thanks