use of mkoctfile with autoconf/automake

From: Eric Chassande-Mottin
Subject: use of mkoctfile with autoconf/automake
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:12:09 +0100

hi,

I'd like to compile a set of DLD codes with automake/autoconf.
i am trying to understand what octave-forge does.  from
configure.base, i see that the idea is to "recompose" the compilation
instructions of mkoctfile. am i right?
the compiler, options and libs are retrieved from a call "mkoctfile
-p" for instance :

 163 CC=`$MKOCTFILE -p CC`
 [...]
 169 AC_SUBST(CC)
 [...]

if this is true, why can't i find a statement retrieving the includes
? i've probably missed something here...

second question: I am not able to find the Makefile.ams (there are only
Makefile.in). why is that?

if , then I expect the following Makefile.am to be OK :

bin_PROGRAMS=  foo.oct

foo_oct_SOURCES= foo.cc

am i right?

thanks for any help,