Re: using h5read.oct

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: using h5read.oct
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:24:04 +0100

Frech, Michael wrote:
> I have installed a octave rpm  (octave2.9-2.9.9-7) and h5read.oct was
> built from h5utils-1.10.1
> Are you suggesting to re-compile octave from scratch?
>
> regards,
>
> Michael

Definitive not.. What concerned me with your error message was that this
is a basic symbol of octave and if it is not found then to me it
indicates that the header files that were used to compile h5utils are
not the same as those used for octave itself. Do you have multiple
versions of octave installed? What if you use mkoctfile to compile the
code from within octave itself? Basically you have a very weird problem,
and so you'll need to do a little bit more investigative work to try and
find out the cause..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only