A * x = 0 for singular matrix

From: lipschitz82
Subject: A * x = 0 for singular matrix
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:18:49 -0800

Hello,

I'm a novice Octave user, loving the program a lot. I'm finding it amazingly useful (I used to use fortran and C++).

I need to calculate the vector s.t. Ax = 0, for det(A) ~= 0. I've looked at the documentation, octave-forge, etc. but I couldn't find a routine for doing this. Matrix A is pretty big, ie. in the hundreds, but I also have a lot of computer time if the available routine is slow.

Thanks for the collaboration,
GentleRaccoon