Re: Adding a directory to path

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Adding a directory to path
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:09:04 -0600

Alta de Waal wrote:
I still don't understand how to add a directory to the octave path.
I tried altering the octaverc file in the startup directory, but this
results in errors.
I read about 'genpath', but this also results in errors.
It depends on which version of octave you're using. In 2.1, this can only be done using the path command (type "help path" for more details), and in 2.9 there is a new function "addpath" for this purpose.

Quentin