Re: Newbie question

From: Aquil H. Abdullah
Subject: Re: Newbie question
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:46:10 -0500

I believe that the emacs editor provides a pretty good interface. (NOTE: If you want to use emacs as your (GUI) then you will need to make sure that it is installed as part of your cygwin installation.)
To start octave under emacs do the following:
Start Cygwin
Start your X via startx command
Start emacs via emacs command
Type: alt-x enter