Newbie question

From: Steven Oppenheimer
Subject: Newbie question
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:05:15 -0500

I downloaded the whole Cygwin/Octave package a few days ago and loaded it on a Windows machine. Upon starting it, I found myself working with a strictly command line environment. I was expecting/hoping to see a more conventional GUI framework, with menus with options for loading files, saving files, editing commands, and other standard stuff. Worse, when I tried to copy and paste text from a Windows text file into the command line environment, nothing pasted. I assume this is an artifact of running a Linux program under Windows emulation, but still, it rendered the environment virtually useless.

Is there some kind of GUI shell that I can obtain, that wraps around Octave in a Windows environment, and provides the (strictly relative) "ease of use" I associate (sort of) with Matlab?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Steve

Steven Oppenheimer, M.A.
Licensed Patent Agent
Oppenheimer Communications
Technical and Business Writing:  From Complexity To Clarity ®
address@hidden http://www.OpComm.com (301) 468-9233