Re: Octave in MS Windows -- AMD processor

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: Octave in MS Windows -- AMD processor
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:45:33 +0100

On 2/12/07, David Bateman <address@hidden > wrote:
address@hidden wrote:
> I just got a new motherboard with an AMD processor.  The binary
> distribution of Octave available from Sourceforge.net warns me that it
> probably won't work right with AMD -- is there an alternative one that
> is compiled for the AMD processors?  I don't have Cygwin nor have I got
> any compiler set up yet, so rolling my own would be difficult.
>
> Regards,
> Allen

Which Binary? The 2.1.73 I don't believe uses ATLAS and so should be
generic... Even if it does use atlas, it probably uses a 3.6.0 version
that doesn't use SSE3 and so the SSE2  instruction is probably in your
new AMD and so there should be no issue running this version of octave..
There'll be a new windows installer available soonish and there has been
much recent work with octave under msvc and so I'd suggest checking back
at octave-forge regularly for an update..

D.

--
David Bateman                                 address@hidden
Motorola Labs - Paris                        +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary