octave file exchange

From: Nicolas Pettiaux
Subject: octave file exchange
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:36:00 +0100

Thanks to a recent post, I have just had a look at
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/
where many matlab users share and exchange files and experiences, and
also evaluate each other code.

i did not find any info about the licences of these, but I suspect
that this is less important for matlab users who care less than we do.

I therefore also suppose that these codes could be tested on octave,
and maybe put somewhere in an "octave exchange" plateform.

i suppose that testing and adapting these could be easier that
rewriting everything, while at the same time providing many examples
of code running on octave (as well as on matlab), extending its
functionnalities, and showing that is can more and more replace
(hopefully at least) matlab.

I also suppose that his would help have the ball rolling in such a direction.

What do you think ?

Nicoals

--
Nicolas Pettiaux - email: address@hidden