piping to octave

From: tr doug
Subject: piping to octave
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 18:02:00 -0800 (PST)

I'm very new to Octave and Linux(debian, X11, KDE).  I usually like to edit and run my scripts from an editor like nEdit or UltraEdit(when on windows).  I'm able to pipe my scripts into octave and have my editor then display the text(stdout) outcome.  The issue i can't seem to resolve is when I plot something, the gnuplot window process gets killed as soon as Octave quits.  Is there anyway to prevent the Octave from also closing the gnuplot window?

I've tried something like this, at command line, too and had the same result.

address@hidden:~$cat scriptfile | octave

Thanks