Beginner, searching help

From: Steffen Netz
Subject: Beginner, searching help
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:03:31 +0100

Hi,

I've tried out octave (2.1.71) and I run into difficulties with
        save -struct
With Matlab it works, with in octave not.

Now I've searched on the website but haven't found anything.

        - Is there an searchable index of this mailinglist?
        - Which version I should use? Stable/Testing/Development
              on the Downloadsite
        - Is there a change list of the versions ( on the
www.octave.org)?
        - TO which version belongs the
                http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/
        copyright 1997 ??!
The site
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/I_002fO-Streams.html#I_002fO-Streams
is empty.
the save site  states :
Note that Octave cannot yet save or load structure variables or any
user-defined types.
Is this true for the latest versions?

Where is the best place to look for such common questions?

Thanks,

Steffen
| Fraunhofer Institut Photonische  Microsysteme                    |
| Fraunhofer Institute for Photonic Microsystems ( Germany )       |
| Steffen Netz           | phone : ( +49 ) (0)351/8823-212         |
| Maria-Reiche-Str. 2    | fax   : ( +49 ) (0)351/8823-266         |
| 01109 Dresden          | email : address@hidden |