Wikibook on octave

From: Nicolas Pettiaux
Subject: Wikibook on octave
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:47:47 +0100

I have started a wikibook on octave by duplicating and adapting the
Matlab wikibook, with the approval (not needed though) of its author.

I unfortunately do not have the time to work on it as much as I could
like. I first proposed to the Matlab wikibook author to make ONE book
about both, but he wished that they would be different but said he would
help if possible.

I would like to show and write something that could be used by beginners
and intermediate users too, telling that octave can really replace
matlab. So, I would like that this book helps at that too.

Please contribute and do not hesitate to copy the Matlab wikibook pages:

see http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OCTAVE_Programming and

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MATLAB_Programming

Thanks,

Nicolas