Re: new user question (Peter Websdell)

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: new user question (Peter Websdell)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:37:17 -0600

> Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:54:40 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Peter Websdell <address@hidden>
> Subject: new user question

> Hello.
>
> I've been using matlab for a couple of years now, and starting to use octave
> (on win32) i'm a bit
> confused. I see that scite is packaged for editing duties, but i don't see
> how i can then execute
> a script within octave. i have loaded octave, and used the command line, but
> i need to be able to
> create and run scripts, and use my old matlab ones too.
>
> Thanks a lot, pete.

I guess you do the same thing as in Matlab. Copy file to a directory in
the path where Octave can find your script(s), [you can see 'help
addpath', for adding new directories here];

Also, if youre Using Sebastin Losiel's build of Octave, you might want
it installed in a path(directory) without spaces, on Windows.

Use any text editor (Notepad or something) to write your scripts, and
use the command line.

Cheers
-Muthu