Re: imread is defective ? Gnu Octave 2.1.73

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: imread is defective ? Gnu Octave 2.1.73
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:38:48 -0700

on 1/19/07 12:07 PM, Chris Zarowski at address@hidden wrote:

Hello.

I have Gnu Octave 2.1.73.

I find that imread does not work.

I have looked at the file imread.m, and tried to
run it.

It appears that a couple of functions
     jpgread and pngread
do not exist.  There may be other things wrong too,
but I cannot infer more than this based on the error
messages.

Is there a replacement imread, or patch to fix this ?

Christopher J. Zarowski, Ph. D., P. Eng. (Ontario)
     IEEE Senior Member
     NanoDotTek
     http://www.nanodottek.com

Chris,

Do you have ImageMagick installed? Octave depends on that for some image conversion routines. Also, what system are you using?

Joe