Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:24:01 -0500

Claudio Belotti wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> On mer, 17 gen 2007, Alexander Barth wrote:
>> You can download it from http://yapso.sourceforge.net/ and demos can be
>> found at
>> http://yapso.sourceforge.net/demo.html.
>>
>> Yapso is bundled as an octave package which is installed by "pkg install
>> yapso-0.2.1.tar.gz".
>
> I installed yapso smoothly in debian etch with octave 2.9.9.
Thanks, that's good to know!

> BTW where can I found coastline.octave?
You did see this file on the demo web page, right?
This file is converted from the m_coasts.mat file from m_map
(http://www.eos.ubc.ca/~rich/map.html).
I didn't include this file since the m_map package doesn't contain a license
(!).

I'm working to convert the GSHHS coastline data which is public domain.
In the mean time, you can just download
http://www.eos.ubc.ca/%7Erich/m_map1.4.tar.gz and extract
the file m_map/private/m_coasts.mat. Octave should have no problems to read
m_coasts.mat.

Cheers,
Alex