Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 00:14:57 +0100

Hi,
I just installed yapso on a fairly recent CVS snapshot of octave on ubuntu edgy eft, but I couldn't get it to work. If I run (as an example)
"test_sombrero" I get:
  "error: `surf' undefined near line 8 column 4"

So, I looked at the directory where the package is installed, and the only oct file I see is "yfunction.oct". Is that correct? Shouldnøt I also have ""ysurf.oct" (and more)?

Søren

Alexander Barth skrev:
Hi all,

I wrote some plotting routines to visualize ocean model results (although it
can be used for other
applications). I wanted to share it because it might be useful for others as
well. I called this
package Yapso, Yet Another Plotting System for Octave. It is intended to be
compatible with Matlab
plotting commands. Yapso is based on the OpenGL libraries and it uses
(currently) the GLUT toolkit
(freeglut or openglut). Yapso is loaded dynamically in Octave as oct-functions
which allows a tight
integration in Octave.

What I missed from existing graphics packages was offscreen rendering (matlab's
-nodisplay option)
which allows you to create plots from a cronjob or from a webserver cgi.

You can download it from http://yapso.sourceforge.net/ and demos can be found at
http://yapso.sourceforge.net/demo.html.

Yapso is bundled as an octave package which is installed by "pkg install
yapso-0.2.1.tar.gz".

Have fun!
Alex