Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:11:21 -0700

on 1/17/07 8:46 PM, Marius Schamschula at address@hidden wrote:

Oops,

I was a bit quick to say that yapso installed correctly:

The install died with

checking for glBegin in -lGL... no

but

Saturn:~ marius$ nm /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib | grep glBegin
00002d7c T ___indirect_glBegin
         U _glBegin
         U ___indirect_glBegin
         U ___indirect_glBegin

Any ideas?

Marius

Marius,

As far as I know the pkg install feature is broken on Macs with octave-2.9.9. The untar.m routine was having Mac problems, and I offered to be the Mac tester, but nobody responded. I was waiting for 2.9.10 before trying again. You could probably work around the problem by manually using mkoctfile and manually installing the package. YAPSO sounds very promising.

Joe