Plotting problem: patch and fill

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Plotting problem: patch and fill
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:56:32 +0100

Dear all,

the plotting commands 'patch' and 'fill' don't seem to work properly on my machine (I have both Octave 2.1.71 from Fink and Octave 2.9.9 from HPC running on a G4 Mac with Mac OS X 10.4.8, Apple X11 1.1.3, and gnuplot 4.0). While both commands do produce plots and no error messages, the result is useless (lines are 'flying around' everywhere, the area is not filled with a solid color, etc.). Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

These are the commands I used to test patch and fill (with Octave 2.1 and 2.9):

x = [1:10,1];
y = sin(x)+1.5;
patch(x,y,'k');
fill(x,y,'k');