Deal with the complex functions

From: marchriver
Subject: Deal with the complex functions
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:58:41 +0800

Hi
I am trying to solve the complex differential equations with octave.
However from the manual and examples, it seems to limit to real
equations. And when I write the equation in the form
dx=i*a*t+i*b*x+i*c*x^2
The result said it contains image numbers. Does octave can deal with
complex equations? Or I have to separate the real and image part to
solve? But the real equations I have to solve are quite complicit and a
large number. It will be very hard to do so. Can anyone give me some
clues?

yours
Weibin LI