Re: client/server operation of octave?

From: tino . scherrer
Subject: Re: client/server operation of octave?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:15:55 +0100

soctcl provides an octave function that lets you evaluate octave expressions by
external programs through a socket, do I understand this correctly?

One of the most important features that I need in an IDE is debug functionality
including that I can easily browse to the exact error location of  any error
message (for example octave output is something like "error in line 20 of file
test.m", I click on this message and the editor opens test.m and scrolls to
line 20). Is this possible using soctcl? I guess that error messages still
appear in the initial octave output, so that the connected external program has
no means of interpreting them.

Besides, is the described link-errors-to-line-in-source-file possible with
emacs' inferior-octave mode?

Thanks
Tino